Chicken Marsala With Sage
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves halved horizontally
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- All-purpose flour as needed
- 6 tablespoons butter - (3/4 stick)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 cup imported dry Marsala
- 1 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- Fresh sage leaves
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dust with flour; shake off excess.
Melt 3 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped sage; sauté 1 minute. Add half of chicken. Sauté until brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to platter. Repeat with remaining butter and chicken. Tent chicken with foil.
Add Marsala and broth to skillet; bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits. Boil until sauce is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; spoon over chicken. Garnish with sage leaves.
This recipe yields 4 servings.