Braised Chicken Teriyaki
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup sake (or dry white wine)
- 3/4 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 fryer chicken - (4 1/2 lbs)
Stir first 6 ingredients in heavy large pot over low heat until sugar dissolves. Add chicken. Cover pot and simmer until chicken is just cooked through, turning occasionally, about 50 minutes.
Transfer chicken to platter; cover with foil to keep warm. Increase heat and boil sauce until reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 15 minutes. Spoon sauce over.
This recipe yields 4 servings.