Blueberry Tartlets With Lime Curd
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 large egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter cut 1/2" cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter - (1 stick) cut 1/2" cubes
- 3 tablespoons chilled whipping cream more or less
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 baskets blueberries - (1/2 pint ea)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
For Curd: Whisk sugar and lime juice in heavy medium saucepan to blend. Whisk in yolks, then butter. Cook over medium-low heat until thick, smooth, and just beginning to bubble, stirring constantly, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat. Mix in lime peel. Transfer to small bowl. Press plastic wrap onto surface of curd. Refrigerate until cold, at least 4 hours. (Can be made 4 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
For Crust: Blend flour, sugar, and salt in processor 5 seconds. Add butter and cut in, using on/off turns, until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 2 tablespoons cream and egg yolk. Using on/off turns, blend until moist clumps form, adding more cream by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry. Shape dough into log. Cut crosswise into 8 equal rounds. Press each round over bottom and up sides of 3 3/4- by 3/4-inch tartlet pan with removable bottom. Pierce crusts with fork. Chill at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
For Topping: Place 1/2 cup berries and sugar in heavy small saucepan. Using fork, mash berries coarsely. Cook mixture over medium heat until beginning to simmer, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Using rubber spatula, push as much of mixture as possible through strainer set over medium bowl. Mix remaining blueberries into strained berries. Set topping aside.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake tartlet crusts until lightly golden, pressing any bubbles with back of fork, about 15 minutes. Cool crusts completely on rack.
Spread curd in crusts. Spoon blueberry topping over. (Can be prepared ahead. Let stand at room temperature up to 2 hours or refrigerate up to 1 day.)
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (760 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (220 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (170 Votes)
- Zesty Lime Shrimp & Avocado Salad 4.6/5 (98 Votes)
- Tarragon Roast Turkey With Vermouth 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New England Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)