ORANGE INFUSED BONELESS LEG OF LAMB
- The zest of 1 orange
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp Himalayan or unrefined sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tsp unpasteurized liquid honey
- A boneless leg of lamb (6-7 lbs)
- The juice and peel of the orange you previously zested
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Finely grate the zest from the orange. Keep the orange whole and hang on to it; you’re going to be using it later. Place orange zest with the spices in a small mixing bowl and stir until evenly combined; set aside.
Unroll the lamb roast and lay it flat on a cutting board. Trim off all large pieces of fat, if any.
With your hands, spread about three quarters of the spice rub all over the piece of meat. Drizzle the honey all over.
Roll the lamb back up and tie it up with butcher’s twine.
Rub the rest of the spice mixture all over the roast and place it in a shallow baking dish. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to rest at least 2 hours or better yet, overnight.
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Cut the orange in half and squeeze the juice into the bottom of the roasting pan. Place the empty orange shells right under the roast. This will allow air to circulate all around your roast and will also infuse it with some beautiful orange flavour into your meat.
Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes per pound or until desired doneness is achieved: A thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the roast will read 130F (rare) 145F (medium-rare) 160F (medium) and 170F (well done). Around 2 hours for a 6 lbs roast for a temp. of 130F
Lightly tent your roast with aluminum foil and let it rest for 20-25 minutes; Transfer the meat to a cutting board, remove the twine, carve, and serve.
You'll also love
- Beef and Artichoke Fettuccine 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Burgandy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes with 4 Cheeses 0/5 (0 Votes)
- APPLE PIE (OLD FASHIONED) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Blueberry Oat Smoothie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Double Chocolate Orange Brownies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange-scented chilled tomato soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Backyard Clambake 0/5 (0 Votes)