Warm Green Bean And Pancetta Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans trimmed
- 5 ounces pancetta or bacon diced
- 1/3 cup minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 1/2 tspns dried rosemary, crumbled)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice plus
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
Cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender. Drain. Rinse with cold water and drain well. Pat dry. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Chill.)
Cook pancetta in heavy large skillet over medium heat until crisp, stirring often. Transfer pancetta to paper towels, using slotted spoon.
Pour off all but 1 1/2 tablespoons fat from skillet. Add shallots and chopped rosemary to skillet and cook over medium heat 2 minutes, stirring often. Add beans and stir to coat. Add oil and lemon juice and stir until beans are heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with pancetta. Garnish with rosemary sprigs if desired.
This recipe yields 6 servings.