- 1 1/2 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 3 pounds red-skinned sweet potatoes (yams) peeled, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cups freshly-grated Parmesan cheese (abt 4 1/2 oz)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 13- by 9-inch oval gratin dish. Whisk broth, flour, rosemary, salt, and pepper to blend in heavy large saucepan. Bring to boil, whisking frequently. Add potatoes and bring to boil.
Transfer half of potato-broth mix to prepared dish. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese. Top with remaining potato-broth mix. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Continue baking uncovered until potatoes are tender and top browns, about 45 minutes. Cool slightly.
This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings.