Rosemary Lamb Chops With Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 large garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 eight-rib rack of lamb - (abt 1 3/4 lbs) trimmed, and cut into 4 double chops
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs (made from sourdough bread)
- 2 tablespoons butter - (1/4 stick) melted
Whisk oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, garlic, mustard, and rosemary in glass baking dish to blend. Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper. Add to marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours and up to 1 day.
Preheat broiler. Remove lamb chops from marinade and transfer to rimmed baking sheet. Broil lamb chops 2 minutes per side.
Mix 1 tablespoon lemon juice, breadcrumbs, and butter in medium bowl to blend. Press breadcrumb mixture atop each chop, dividing equally. Broil chops without turning until breadcrumbs are golden brown and lamb is cooked to desired doneness, about 4 minutes for medium-rare. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 2 servings.