Peruvian Chicken Ragout
- 1 * 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 * 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 * 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 * 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 * 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 * 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 * 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 * 1 14-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 * 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1 * 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 * 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 * 2 cups packed fresh spinach leaves
- * Finely shredded lemon peel (set aside)
- 2 * 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Adapted from bhg.com
1. Place chicken, flour, chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper in a plastic bag. Seal and shake to coat.
2. In a 4- to 6-quart Dutch oven cook chicken mixture, onion, and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until browned. Add undrained tomatoes, broth, potato, corn, and quinoa. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes and quinoa are tender.
3. Stir in spinach and lemon juice and cook just until spinach is wilted. Garnish each serving with shredded lemon peel. Makes 6 servings.