Raspberry, Rhubarb And Pear Pies
- 2 packages All Ready Pie Crusts - (15 oz ea)
- 2 packages frozen unsweetnd raspberries - (12 oz ea) partially thawed
- 1 1/3 pounds fresh rhubarb trimmed, and cut into 1" pieces (or a 20-oz pkg frozen rhubarb, partially thawed)
- 4 cups diced peeled cored pears - (abt 3 med)
- 2 1/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour plus
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Grated peel of 2 oranges
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg beaten with
- 2 tablespoons milk for glaze
- Sugar for sprinkling
- Vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Let refrigerated pie crusts stand at room temperature 15 to 20 minutes. Combine raspberries, rhubarb, diced pears, 2 1/3 cups sugar, 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, grated orange peel and 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon in large bowl. Mix gently.
Unfold 2 pie crusts. Press out fold lines. Sprinkle each crust with 1 teaspoon flour; spread flour over. Place each crust floured-side down in separate 10-inch-diameter pie dishes or 9-inch diameter deep-dish pie dishes. Divide fruit filling between crusts.
Press out fold lines in remaining 2 crusts. Arrange atop pies. Fold edges of top crusts under bottom crusts. Press edges together and crimp. Cut eight 1 1/2-inch-long slits in each top crust, radiating from near center.
Brush pies with egg glaze. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake until golden brown and filling bubbles, covering edges with foil after 30 minutes, about 1 hour. Cool pies completely. Serve pies with vanilla ice cream.
This recipe yields 2 pies.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (220 Votes)
- Rhubarb Dump Cake 4/5 (167 Votes)
- Pear Galettes 4.4/5 (58 Votes)
- Deep Dish Strawberry Rhubarb Pie... 4.4/5 (57 Votes)
- Apple or pear tart 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Tarragon Roast Turkey With Vermouth 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New England Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)