Pasta With Meat Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano crumbled
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can Italian plum tomatoes - (28 oz) drained, chopped
- 1 can tomato sauce - (8 oz)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 16 ounces fusilli or other short pasta freshly cooked
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook until brown, breaking up with fork, about 3 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer beef to plate.
Add onion and garlic to skillet and saute until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in parsley, basil, oregano and paprika and continue cooking 1 minute. Return beef to skillet; add tomatoes, tomato sauce and wine. Reduce heat to medium-low.
Simmer until sauce is thick, about 30 minutes. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to simmer before continuing.)
Toss pasta with sauce and 3/4 cup grated Parmesan in large bowl. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan over pasta.
This recipe yields 6 servings.