Italian Chop Salad in Shells
You can always substitute pepperoni for Italian sausage in this delicious and unique twist on pasta salad!
- 1 (16-ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 4 cups romaine, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup cooked chicken, coarsely chopped
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1 (3-ounce) package Italian salami, chopped
- 1/3 cup roasted garlic Italian vinaigrette
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Cook pasta shells as directed on package; drain and cool. (see tip in description)
Place remaining ingredients except vinaigrette in medium-sized bowl. Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss to coat.
Stuff shells with salad. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours before serving.