Mashed Potatoes With Thyme-Lemon Butter
- 10 tablespoons butter - (1 1/4 sticks) room temperature
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced lemon peel (yellow part only)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 pounds russet potatoes peeled, and cut into 2" pieces
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
Mix butter, thyme, and lemon in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. (Butter can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before using.)
Place potatoes in large pot. Add enough cold water to cover. Bring to boil. Cover partially and cook until potatoes are very tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Return potatoes to same pot and mash.
Heat half-and-half in small saucepan over medium heat until hot; stir into potatoes. Set aside 2 tablespoons thyme-lemon butter. Mix remaining butter into potatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer mashed potatoes to large bowl. Top with 2 tablespoons butter and serve.
This recipe yields 10 servings.
You'll also love
- Mashed Potatoes With Celery 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potato And Endive Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hearts Of Romaine Salad With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hazelnut Macaroon And Strawberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fresh Citrus Compote 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wine- And Citrus-Poached Pears... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Arugula And Smoked Mozzarella... 0/5 (0 Votes)