Mashed Potatoes With Thyme-Lemon Butter
- 10 tablespoons butter - (1 1/4 sticks) room temperature
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced lemon peel (yellow part only)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 pounds russet potatoes peeled, and cut into 2" pieces
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
Mix butter, thyme, and lemon in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. (Butter can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before using.)
Place potatoes in large pot. Add enough cold water to cover. Bring to boil. Cover partially and cook until potatoes are very tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Return potatoes to same pot and mash.
Heat half-and-half in small saucepan over medium heat until hot; stir into potatoes. Set aside 2 tablespoons thyme-lemon butter. Mix remaining butter into potatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer mashed potatoes to large bowl. Top with 2 tablespoons butter and serve.
This recipe yields 10 servings.
You'll also love
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (764 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Smoked Sausage &... 4/5 (1275 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (172 Votes)
- Tarragon Roast Turkey With Vermouth 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New England Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)