Mashed Potato And Endive Salad
- 2 small russet potatoes - (abt 12 oz total), peeled, diced
- 4 bacon slices chopped
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 heads Belgian endive sliced
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling water until tender, about 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until brown and crisp. Transfer to paper towel using slotted spoon. Drain bacon well. Reserve pan drippings in skillet.
Transfer potatoes to colander and drain well. Return potatoes to pot. Mash coarsely.
Reheat bacon fat in skillet until just warm. Remove from heat and mix in minced onion, cider vinegar and sugar. Add dressing to potatoes. Add endive and toss gently. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve salad warm.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Maple-Glazed Turkey With Dijon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Maple Corn Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linguine With Crab And Wild... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Greek Chicken And Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Escarole And Cheese Spoon Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamed Spinach With Golden... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Endive, Beet And Roquefort Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)