Leg Of Lamb With Mint Pesto, New Potatoes And Baby Carrots
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 6 large garlic cloves
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 leg of lamb - (5 to 6 lbs)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds baby new potatoes large ones halved
- 12 ounces baby carrots trimmed, peeled
- Fresh mint sprigs
Finely chop walnuts and garlic in processor. Add 2 cups mint leaves and basil and chop finely. Add oil and vinegar and blend until pesto is smooth.
Cut excess fat from lamb, leaving thin layer. Set lamb in large roasting pan. Make several slits in lamb with tip of small sharp knife. Reserve 1/2 cup pesto for vegetables. Spoon some pesto into each slit; rub remainder into lamb. Sprinkle lamb generously with salt and pepper. Let stand 1 hour at room temperature or cover and chill overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roast lamb 45 minutes. Add potatoes to pan and turn to coat in pan juices. Roast 30 minutes. Add carrots and reserved 1/2 cup pesto and turn to coat carrots and potatoes in pesto and pan juices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Continue roasting until thermometer inserted into thickest part of lamb registers 140 degrees for medium-rare, about 45 minutes longer. Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes.
Carve lamb into thin slices. Arrange on plates with potatoes and carrots. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Hearts Of Romaine Salad With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hazelnut Macaroon And Strawberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Beans With Toasted Hazelnuts 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Golden Potato Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic-Rosemary Turkey With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cream Biscuits With Bacon And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Butternut Squash And Carrot Puree... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rack Of Lamb With Chutney-Mint... 0/5 (0 Votes)