Creamy Crockpot White Chicken Chili
Aunt Cheryl's recipe from Boca 2018
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast strimmed of excess fat
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 24 oz chicken broth (low sodium)
- 2 15 oz cans great Northern beans drained and rinsed
- 2 4 oz cans diced green chiles (one hot, one mild)
- 1 15 oz can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Small handful fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup half and half
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 485mins
Add chicken breasts to bottom of slow cooker, top with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
Top with diced onion, minced garlic, great Northern beans, green chiles, corn, chicken broth and cilantro. Stir.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Removed chicken to large mixing bowl, shred, then return to slow cooker.
Add cream cheese and half and half, stir, then cover and cook on high for 15 minutes, or until chili s creamy and slightly thickened.
Stir well and serve with desired toppings.