Green Beans With Toasted Hazelnuts
- 2/3 cup hazelnuts - (abt 3 oz) coarsely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds slender green beans trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter - (1/2 stick) room temperature
- 2 teaspoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Place hazelnuts in small nonstick skillet. Stir over medium heat until lightly toasted, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
Cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain. (Can be made up to 2 hours ahead. Let beans stand in colander.)
Melt butter in same pot over medium-high heat. Add beans and vinegar; toss to coat and heat through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle with hazelnuts.
This recipe yields 6 servings.