Thai Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce
- Thai Peanut Sauce:
- 6 oz dry noodles (brown rice noodles, pad Thai noodles, ramen/somen noodles, spaghetti, etc)
- 4 cups mix of Napa cabbage, carrots and radish, shredded or grated
- 1 red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp, or more, jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup roasted, crushed peanuts (garnish.......make extra if you want to toss some in the salad)
- 3 thin slices ginger, cut across the grain, about the size of a quarter
- 1 fat clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 orange (1/4 cup orange juice)
- 1 med-lg lime (3 Tbsp lime juice)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp honey or agave
- 3 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2-1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain and chill under cold running water.
2. In the meantime, blend the peanut sauce ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
3. Place shredded veggies, bell pepper, scallions, cilantro and jalapeño in a bowl. Toss well. Add the cold noodles to the bowl and toss again. Pour the peanut sauce over the top and toss well to combine.
4. Taste, adjust the salt and serve, garnishing with roasted peanuts and cilantro and a lime wedge.