Creamy Artichoke Dip With Pita Chips
- 2 packages cream cheese - (8 oz ea) room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 jars marinated artichoke hearts - (6 oz ea) drained, and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese - (abt 2 1/2 oz)
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeño chili
- 6 pita rounds - (6" dia) each cut
- into 6 triangles
- Olive oil as needed
- Salt to taste
Using electric mixer, beat first 8 ingredients in large bowl to blend. Fold in artichokes, mozzarella cheese, green onions and jalapeño. Transfer to 11- by 7- by 2-inch glass baking dish. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place pita triangles in single layer on baking sheet. Brush with oil. Sprinkle with salt. Bake until crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Maintain oven temperature.
Bake dip until bubbling and brown on top, about 20 minutes. Serve hot dip with pita chips.
This recipe yields 8 servings.