BROWN SUGAR CORNBREAD
- 1cup1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, more for pans
- 2 2/3cups2 2/3 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2cups2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2tblsp2 1/2 tblsp baking powder
- 1tsp1 tsp table salt
- 2/3cup2/3 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 2cups2 cups milk
- 4large4 large eggs, beaten
Preheat oven 350
Butter two 9 X 4 ½ inch loaf pans. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together yellow cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt.
Heat the butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan over med-low heat just until melted, and whisk until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; whisk in the milk and then the eggs. Pour into the dry mixture, stirring just until blended, and divide evenly between prepared pans, smoothing the tops.
Bake in the middle of the oven until loaves are golden and a cake tester inserted in the centers comes out clean, 30 minutes. Turn the loaves out onto racks, and let cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.