Beer Marinated Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 2 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 2 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 2 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 1 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 1 1 teaspoon ground red pepper ( cayenne )
- 2 2 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 3 3 pounds chicken drumsticks ( I used legs and thighs )
- 1 12 1 12 ) can 1 ( 12 ounce ) can of beer
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine salt, brown sugar, paprika, black pepper, and red pepper ( cayenne ). Add oil and chicken. Seal bag, and shake until chicken is well coated. Pour beer into bag. Seal bag, refrigerate for at least 8 hours. Remove chicken formable, discard marinade. Let stand at room temp for 30 minutes. Preheat grill to medium high heat ( 350-400). Grill chicken over indirect heat, covered turning occasionally, until thermometer reads 160. about 30 minutes.
NOTE: I sprayed a grill pan with olive oil, grill was at 400. I put chicken on indirect heat side. After chicken was almost done about 30 minutes, I moved it to the heated side and got it nice and charred.