Cardamom-Crusted Pork With Mushroom Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 boneless pork rib roast - (4 lbs)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds mushrooms halved
- 2 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter room temperature
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Puree 1/2 cup chopped onion, 2 tablespoons oil, 2 teaspoons cardamom, and garlic in processor. Spread 1/2 cup chopped onion in center of large roasting pan; top with pork. Sprinkle pork generously with salt and pepper; coat with onion puree. Toss mushrooms, remaining 1/2 cup onion, and 3 tablespoons oil in bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper; arrange around pork.
Roast pork 1 hour. Spoon mushrooms into large saucepan. Add 1 1/2 cups broth to roasting pan. Roast pork until thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 145 degrees, about 20 minutes longer. Transfer pork to platter; tent loosely with foil (temperature will rise 5 to 10 degrees as roast stands).
Scrape juices from roasting pan into saucepan with mushrooms. Add cream, remaining 1/2 cup broth, and 1/4 teaspoon cardamom to pan; bring to boil. Blend flour and butter in small cup; mix into mushroom sauce. Cook sauce, stirring often, until reduced enough to coat spoon, about 5 minutes. Season sauce with salt and pepper; serve with pork.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
An impressive holiday entrée.
You'll also love
- Butternut Squash Soup With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Buttermilk Corn Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Brown And Wild Rice With Sausage... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal With Eggplant And Prosciutto 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Cutlets With Mushrooms And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauteed Veal With Shrimp,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Pork Tenderloin With Pears... 0/5 (0 Votes)