ROMESCO DIPPING SAUCE FOR VEGGIES
Great for dipping asparagus or other roasted/grilled veggies.
- 2 2# 2# plum tomatoes
- 1 1 1 roasted red pepper
- 1 1 1 head garlic, roasted
- 3 3 3 tbsp. red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup blanched or Marcona almonds
- 1 1 1 tbsp. ancho chili
- 1 1 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1-2 1-2 1-2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 tsp. black pepper
Roast pepper over flame then peal and seed. Roast garlic then peel. Cut out core then drizzle the center of each tomato with olive oil and season. Place in pan and grill (MOM) 30-45 minutes. Let cool in pan.
Place tomatoes with their juice, peppers, and garlic in food processor or blender and puree. Add vinegar and almonds and puree until uniformly chunky. Add anso chili and paprika and pulse to combine. Slowly add olive oil until you like the consistency. Add s & p.
Store in pint jars in fridge 1 week.