CEDAR PLANKED BRIE WITH PEACH RELISH
- 15 15 7 1/2 7 x 1/2 inch cedar grill plank
- 1 1 1 lb peaches, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 3/4 3/4 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 3/4 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 2 2 tblsp finely chopped red onion
- 2 2 2 tblsp finely chopped pickled ginger
- 1 1 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1 1 1 tblsp pickling spices
- 1 1 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 13-15 1 13-15 13-15 oz round Brie cheese
- Grilled bread slices or assorted crackers
For at least 1 hour before grilling, soak plank in enough water to cover. Weight down plank to keep it submerged during soaking. Drain plank.
For peach relish, in a medium nonreactive saucepan, combine peaches, brown sugar, vinegar, raisins, onion, ginger, chili powder, and curry powder. Place pickling spices and mustard seeds on a 6 inch square piece of 100% cotton cheesecloth, bring up corners, and tie with clean 100% cotton kitchen string (or place spices and seeds in a tea ball); add mixture to saucepan. Bring peach mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, stirring frequently, about 45 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and cool for 1-2 hours. Remove and discard spice bag.
For a charcoal grill, place the plank on the grill rack directly over medium coals until it begins to char and pop (3-5 minutes). Turn plank over. Place Brie on charred side of plank. Cover grill and cook for 10-12 minutes or until Brie softens and sides just begin to droop. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place plank on grill rack. Cover and grill as above.)
Serve Brie on plank. Serve with grilled bread slices or crackers and peach relish.