GRILLED PORK AND PINEAPPLE
- 4 3/4 4 3/4 4 3/4 inch thick boneless top loin pork chops
- Ground black pepper
- 1 1 1 peeled and cored fresh pineapple
- 3 3 3 tblsp orange marmalade
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup roasted, lightly salted cashew halves and/or pieces or toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- Fresh thyme
Sprinkle both sides of each pork chop lightly with salt and pepper. Cut pineapple crosswise into ½ inch thick slices; set aside.
For a charcoal grill, place chops on grill rack directly over medium coals. Grill, uncovered, for 4 minutes. Turn chops; add pineapple to grill. Brush chops and pineapple with 2 tablespoons of the marmalade. Grill for 3-5 minutes more or until chops are slightly pink in center and juices run clear (160F), turning pineapple once. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place chops on the grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above).
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together yogurt and remaining 1 tablespoon marmalade. Season to taste with additional ground black pepper.
Arrange pineapple and chops on dinner plates. Spoon yogurt mixture over chops and pineapple; sprinkle with nuts, and if desired, garnish with thyme.