Love and Kisses Cookies
Recipe courtesy of Ree Drummond
- 12 12 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1 1 stick (8 tablespoons) salted butter, softened
- 3 3 3 large eggs
- 1 1 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 2 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 2 2 cups red sprinkles
- 48 48 48 milk chocolate candies, such as Hershey's Kisses®
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval, until melted. Allow to cool.
Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, mix the brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter and cooled chocolate on medium speed until combined. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition, then the vanilla. Scrape the sides of the bowl and continue to mix on medium speed until combined.
Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the mixer and mix until just combined.
Put the red sprinkles in a bowl. Scoop mounded tablespoons of the dough. Roll into balls and roll each ball in the sprinkles to cover completely. Place on the prepared baking sheets. Bake until the cookies are poufy and set, about 10 minutes. When still warm, press a chocolate candy into the top of each. Let the cookies sit on the baking sheets for 2 minutes, then remove them to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough, sprinkles and chocolate candies.