Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Zucchini
- 2 2 to 1/2" Breasts, sliced in half, or thin chicken breasts ( I pounded chicken breasts to 1/2" thickness)
- 8 8 8 T. butter, divided
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 1/2 1 cup plus 1 T. grated parmesan , divided
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup flour
- 2 2 2 medium zucchini, sliced ( I remove seeded center)
- 2 2 2 cloves of garlic, minced
Adapted from therecipecritic.com
1. In a large skillet over medium heat melt 2T. butter. To make the chicken: Melt remaining 4 T. of butter in a shallow dish. In an another shallow dish combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and flour. Dip the chicken in the butter and then coat in the bread crumb mixture and place in the skillet.
2. Cook on each side for about 3-4 minutes until the outside is crispy and the chicken is cooked throughout. Set aside on a plate.
3. Add 2 T. of the butter back to the skillet and saute the minced garlic for a minute. Add the zucchini to the skillet and saute until tender. Salt and pepper to taste and add 1 T. parmesan. Add the chicken back to the skillet and heat for a minute or so. Serve immediately.