Angel Food Cake
- 1 1/4 1 1/4 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 3/4 1 3/4 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 1 1/2 1/2 cups egg whites
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks, and then add cream of tartar, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
Sift together flour, sugar, and salt. Repeat five times.
Gently combine the egg whites with the dry ingredients, and then pour into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan.
Place cake pan in a cold oven. Turn the oven on; set it to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Cook for about one hour, or until cake is golden brown.
Invert cake, and allow it to cool in the pan. When thoroughly cooled, remove from pan.