Sweet Maple Carrots
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots peeled, and cut into 1/2"-thk rounds
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Bring all ingredients to boil in heavy large skillet. Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer until carrots are crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Uncover; cook until juices are reduced to glaze, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 6 servings.