Spiced Broiled Grapefruit
Servings: 0 servings
- 2 large pink or red grapefruit, halved
- crosswise, at room temperature
- 3 Tbs. light or dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger (or 1/4 tsp.
- ground ginger)
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter, softened
- at room temperature
Position a broiler pan several inches away from the heating element and heat the broiler. Section each grape- fruit half by cutting between the rind and the pulp and between each mem- brane. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, ginger, cinnamon, and softened butter until well blended. Distribute the mixture among the four grapefruit halves, smearing it on the cut side of each one. Broil until the topping is bubbly and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.