Pancetta & Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 4 4 slices pancetta
- 1 1 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3/4 3/4 3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 tsp pepper, divided
- 4 4 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves ( 6 oz each)
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup prepared pesto
Preheat oven to 350. In a large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp; drain on paper towels. In the same skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add shallot; cook and stir until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes. Add 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/4 inch thickness. Spread each with 2 Tbsp pesto; layer with one slice of pancetta and a fourth of the mushroom mixture. Fold chicken in half, enclosing the filling; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
Transfer to a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Bake until a thermometer inserted in the chicken reads 165, 30-35 minutes. Discard toothpicks.