Creamy Vegan Mac and Cheese
- 1 1 2 3 diced carrots (about 2 lrg or 3 small)
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 onion, diced
- 15 15 15 oz cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 3/4 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 3 3 cups uncooked pasta
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
1) In a lrg pot, boil enough water to cook the pasta.
2) In a separate smaller pot, boil two cups of water and cook the carrots and onions until tender, about 8 - 10 mins - save the water.
3) While the veggies are cooking, cook the pasta as directed then drain and pour into a lrg glass or ceramic bowl.
4) In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine the cooked carrots, onions, beans, one cup of the leftover boiling water, cashews, garlic powder and salt until super creamy and cheesy-looking.
5) Pour the creamy sauce on top and stir thoroughly. Enjoy immediately.
6) Store leftovers in a covered glass container in the fridge and warm up in the microwave.