EL POLLO LOCO CHICKEN MARINADE
- 1 1 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 2 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
- 1/8 1/8 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 1/4 to 1/4 mild chili peppers finely minced (the key is to make sure they are VERY finely minced)or for more spicy chicken use 1/4 teaspoons finely minced chipotle peppers or chili of your choice
- 6 6 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 2 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 4 to pounds of chicken for frying, cut up in the size you plan to serve
1. Mix vinegar, garlic, salt, oregano, pepper, chili peppers, pineapple juice, lime juice and vegetable oil together. You can save ¼ of a cup on the side to use for basting the chicken later to add even more flavor.
2. Stick your chicken in the marinade; make sure it is completely covered and as airtight as possible. Leave it in the refrigerator overnight and somewhere around halfway turn your chicken, so all sides are equally exposed to the marinade.
3. Then just grill up your chicken and enjoy, maybe with some warm El Pollo Loco tortillas.