Orange Dream Angel Cake *
CHILL TIME 2 Hr
- 1(10-inch)1 (10-inch) prepared angel food cake, cut into cubes
- 1(3-ounce) package1 (3-ounce) package orange gelatin
- 3/4cup3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2cup1/2 cup cold water
- 1(3.4-ounce) package1 (3.4-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2cups1 1/2 cups milk
- 2teaspoons2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1(8-ounce) container1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 22 orange, cut into slices for garnish
In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, arrange cake slices.
In a medium bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water and stir in cold water. Slowly pour over cake, then refrigerate 1 hour.
In a large bowl, whisk vanilla pudding mix and milk until thickened. Stir in orange zest and whipped topping. Evenly spread over cake.
Cover and refrigerate 1 hour, or until ready to serve. Garnish with orange slices.