Mini Catfish Cakes
Catfish cakes are light and fresh. Use Japanese Panko crumbs to get a light and crispy crust. Serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce.
- 1 pound catfish fillets
- 1 1/4 cups Japanese breadcrumbs, Panko crumbs
- 3 green onions, minced
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Garnishes: Caper-Dill Sour Cream, fresh dill sprigs
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 28mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Chop catfish into 1/4-inch pieces. Combine catfish, 3/4 cup breadcrumbs, and next 5 ingredients; gently stir until well blended. Shape mixture into 12 patties (about 1/4 cup each). Dredge patties in remaining 1/2 cup breadcrumbs.
Cook patties, in batches, in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden; drain on paper towels. Garnish, if desired.
1 1/4 cups fresh breadcrumbs may be substituted for the Panko crumbs, but you'll get a crisper crust with the Japanese Panko crumbs.
You'll also love
- Parmigiano Panko Herb Encrusted... 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Disneyland Bengal Barbeque Spicy... 4.1/5 (109 Votes)
- Crab Dip 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Carrabba's Chicken Marsala 4.3/5 (56 Votes)
- Homemade Marshmallow Creme 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Easy Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- French's Original Green Bean... 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Mixed Berry Pizza 4.6/5 (29 Votes)