Mexican Street Corn Nachos
Nutrition Facts: Calories 356, Fat 16.9g (Saturated 9.2g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 291mg, Sodium 331mg, Carbs 41.8g (Fiber 5.2g, Sugars 4.9g), Protein 13.7g
- 2 2 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 4 4 cups corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 2 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1 1 cup heavy/whipping cream, half and half or milk
- 8 8 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1 ounce) bag 1 (14 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup cotija or feta, crumbled
- 2 2 2 tablespoons crema or sour cream
- 2 2 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- to to taste
- 1 1 1 lime, cut into wedges
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from closetcooking.com
Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed pan over medium high heat, add the corn and let it sit until it starts to char a bit, mix it up and let it start to char a bit again before removing from heat and mixing in the mayo.
Mix the cornstarch into the cream, bring just to a simmer, reduce the heat and mix in the cheese until it melts.
Place the nachos on a serving dish, pour on the cheese, top with the corn, cotija, creme, cilantro and cayenne and hit everything with a few squirts of lime juice!