- 8 8 3/4-inch 1 brioche bread (cu 3/4-inch - 1 inch thick) - sub with any bread
- 6 6 6 large eggs
- 3/4 3/4 2% cup whole milk or 2%
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 2 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1 teaspoon 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- Butter for griddle
- to jelly, butter, maple syrup or honey, to serve
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from cafedelites.com
1. Preheat a non-stick pan or skillet over medium-low heat.
2. Whisk eggs in a large, shallow dish. Add the milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon; whisk well to combine.
3. Lightly grease pan with a little butter or cooking oil, spreading evenly over the surface with a spatula.
4. Working quickly, dip one slice of bread into the gg wash, allow to soak for 2-3 seconds; flip and dip the other side, soaking again for a further 2-3 seconds.
5. Fry until golden browned on underside, (about 3 minutes), then flip and cook until golden browned, (about another 3-4 minutes). You can cook 2 toasts at a time, depending on the size of the pan.
6. Repeat with remaining slices.
7. Serve warm with desired toppings.