Sauteed Veal With Shrimp, Mushroom, And Brandy Cream Sauce
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter - (3/4 stick)
- 1 red onion halved, and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms stemmed, and caps thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons brandy
- 1 cup beef stock (or canned beef broth)
- 1 cup chicken stock (or canned low-salt chicken broth)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- All-purpose flour as needed
- 6 veal cutlets - (4 oz ea) each pounded
- to 1/4" thickness
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 24 uncooked shrimp peeled, deveined
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add mushrooms; sauté until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes.
Remove skillet from heat; add brandy. Carefully ignite; when flames subside, return to heat. Simmer until brandy is almost evaporated, about 1 minute. Add beef stock and chicken stock; boil 5 minutes. Add cream; boil until sauce coats spoon, about 14 minutes. Pour sauce into bowl; clean skillet.
Place flour in shallow dish. Sprinkle veal cutlets with salt and pepper; coat with flour. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in same heavy large skillet over high heat. Add 3 veal cutlets to skillet and sauté until brown and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer veal to plate. Repeat with remaining veal cutlets. Cover veal to keep warm.
Melt remaining butter in same skillet. Add shrimp; sauté until just opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Pour sauce into skillet; stir until heated through, scraping up any browned bits. Divide veal among plates. Top with shrimp and sauce.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Roasted Veal Chops with Grapes 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- New England Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Delight 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chipotle Shrimp, Black Bean-Quinoa... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Veal 0/5 (0 Votes)