Salad Of Fennel, Arugula, And Ricotta Salata
- 1 large shallot minced (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 10 cups loosely packed arugula
- 1 medium fennel bulb trimmed, halved
- lengthwise, cored, very thinly sliced
- 3 ounces ricotta salata or pecorino Romano shaved long strips
- with vegetable peeler
Whisk shallot and lemon juice in small bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand 15 minutes to blend flavors.
Combine arugula and sliced fennel in large bowl. Toss with enough dressing to coat salad. Add shaved cheese; toss gently and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Carrots And Rutabagas With Lemon... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Eggplant, Pepper Salad... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Rice Pilaf With Spinach And... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Duck Breast With Fennel And... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled Artichoke And Spinach Dip... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- White Bean and Arugula soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower,... 0/5 (0 Votes)