Roasted Sweet Potatoes Topped With Curried Yogurt
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 2 yams - (8 oz ea) halved lengthwise (red-skinned sweet potatoes)
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 plum tomato seeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 green onions chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray small baking sheet with nonstick spray. Drizzle cut sides of sweet potatoes with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Place potatoes, cut-side down, on prepared sheet. Roast until tender and brown, about 30 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
Stir curry powder in small skillet over medium-low heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Mix nonfat yogurt, tomato, fresh cilantro, and curry powder in small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Roasted sweet potatoes and yogurt topping can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover separately and refrigerate.)
Serve sweet potatoes cold or at room temperature topped with chilled yogurt topping and chopped green onions.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: calories, 182; total fat, 1 g; saturated fat, 0.5 g; cholesterol, 0.