Pineapple And Banana Couscous Pudding
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup plain couscous
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 large banana chopped - (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon golden brown sugar - (packed)
- 1 1/2 cups chilled whipping cream plus
- 2 tablespoons chilled whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons sweetened cream of coconut (such as Coco López)
- 1 tablespoon triple sec
- 1/2 cup candied pineapple minced
- 1 1/2 cups diced peeled fresh pineapple
Bring 3/4 cup water to boil in heavy medium saucepan over high heat. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Fluff with fork.
Melt butter in small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add banana and sugar and sauté until banana is soft, about 1 minute. Cool.
Using electric mixer, beat cream in large bowl until soft peaks form. Fold in cream of coconut and triple sec. Reserve 6 tablespoons whipped cream mixture for topping. Fold candied pineapple, couscous, and banana into remaining whipped cream mixture in large bowl. Divide mixture among 6 parfait glasses or dessert bowls. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover whipped cream mixture and puddings separately and refrigerate.)
Top each pudding with some of reserved whipped cream mixture. Sprinkle each with fresh pineapple and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Pineapple Pecan Cake with Cream... 4/5 (1735 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.4/5 (1069 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.3/5 (961 Votes)
- Pineapple Mango Rum Cocktail 4.4/5 (151 Votes)
- Feta-Scallion Couscous Cakes With... 4.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Pomegranate Israeli Couscous 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- New England Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)