Maple Glazed Carrots
Great first tried 4/21/2018
- 1 1 1 T. unsalted butter
- 1 1 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, dark or amber
- 1/2 1/2 to tsp.salt, or to taste
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 5 5 1/4 5 sliced carrots, about 1/4 inch thick (about 5 large carrots)
- 4 4 4 tsp. apple cider cinegar
Adapted from healthyseasonalrecipes.com
1. Heat butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes, until soft and browned. Add water, syrup, salt and cinnamon. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Add carrots and return to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
2. Cover, reduce heat to medium to maintain a lively simmer, and cook, stirring once or twice, 4 to 6 minutes, until carrots are crisp tender.( may need to cook carrots longer) Remove lid and stir in vinegar. Increase heat to medium-high and continue cooking, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes, until liquid has thickened and carrots are coated. Serve warm.