Sweet Revenge Brownies
- 6 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 sticks (1/2 pound) butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups mini-marshmallows
- 1 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. (Do not attempt to bake at a higher temperature, or the brownies will burn.) Generously grease an 8x12-inch baking pan, or use a foil pan from the supermarket which is great for freezing or presenting the brownies as a gift.
2. Combine chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan. Melt over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the chocolate is nearly melted. Remove from heat and stir until smooth.
3. Whisk in the white sugar until blended, followed by the eggs, one at a time, the flour and the vanilla.
4. Fold in the mini-marshmallows and 1 cup of chocolate chips.
5. Pour into the prepared baking pan and smooth evenly. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips on top.
6. Bake for about 53 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Do not overbake. Cool to room temperature. Wrap in foil and store at room temperature or freeze. Cut into 48 squares for serving.
Serve warm from the oven, topped with vanilla bean ice cream.