Chicken Bruschetta Pasta
Quick and easy Chicken Bruschetta Pasta is an easy weeknight meal. Stir fry the chicken pieces and mix into cooked, hot pasta with fresh tomatoes, basil and olive oil, topped with a balsamic glaze.
- 1 1 1 pound bow tie pasta
- 1 1 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 4 4 (4-ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- to and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 6 6 6 Roma tomatoes
- 10 10 10 fresh basil leaves , cut into thin strips
- 4 4 4 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 1/8 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 4 4 garlic cloves , minced, divided
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- BALSAMIC GLAZE
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 tablespoon sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from diethood.com
Prepare pasta according to the directions on the package.
Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet; add cubed chicken and cook for 8 minutes, or until chicken is browned and internal temperature reaches 165°F. Set aside.
Dice tomatoes and save the juices in a small bowl.
Combine tomatoes, tomato juices, basil, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper, & half of the minced garlic; set aside. You can also make this ahead of time and refrigerate for 2 hours, covered.
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a heavy bottom saucepan over medium-low heat.
Add remaining garlic and saute for about 20 seconds, or until soft and tender - do not burn the garlic.
Increase heat to medium high and stir in previously prepared tomato salad.
Add tomato sauce to pan and bring to a boil.
Add prepared pasta to sauce pan and toss around until coated. Set aside.
In a small pan, bring to a boil vinegar and sugar; reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook until sauce turns to a thick syrup. Remove from heat and add to prepared chicken.
Stir chicken into pasta.