Black Bean and Beef Tostadas Recipe
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 1 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 1 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans, warmed
- 8 8 8 tostada shells
- Optional toppings: shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded lettuce, salsa and sour cream
In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until liquid is almost evaporated, 6-8 minutes. Stir in black beans; heat through.
To serve, spread refried beans over tostada shells. Top with beef mixture; add toppings as desired. Yield: 4 servings.