Amish Sugar Cookies
- 4 1/2 4 1/2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 1 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1 1 sup sugar
- 1 1 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 2 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1 1 1 tsp vanilla extract
* Preheat oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
* In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar.
* In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream
together the butter, oil and sugars on medium-high speed until light and
fluffy, scraping the sides as necessary.
* Reduce speed to medium and add the eggs, on at a time, mixing just until
combined. Ass the vanilla and mix until combined.
* Reduce speed to low and add the flour in three additions, scraping down the
sides as necessary.
* Drop dough of two tablespoons each onto the baking sheet, spacing two
* Bake for 8-10 minutes, just until the edges begin to darken. Let cool on