Kielbasa Hot Potato Slaw Recipe
First tried 4/25/2018. Very good, the potatoes add a lot to this recipe.
- 1-1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 T. honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper1 T. canola oil
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey kielbasa (can use regular kielbasa), cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 medium red potatoes ( about 8 ounces), cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. beef bouillon granules
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
1. In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until smooth. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add kielbasa, potatoes, onion, red pepper, and bacon; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until kielbasa is lightly browned.
2. Add water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered 6-8 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Add coleslaw; cook covered 4-6 minutes longer or until tender stirring occasionally.
3.Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.