Recipe source: NY Times | Moira Hodgson
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound cabbage, coarsely chopped against the grain
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
1. Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the cabbage and garlic. Cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes, until the cabbage has softened a bit but is still crunchy.
2. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in the heavy cream and cook for five minutes more. Correct seasoning and serve.