DRY GARLIC RIBS: CANADIAN CHINESE STYLE
- 3 3 3 lbs pork spareribs, fat removed and cut into individual pieces
- 3/4 3/4 3/4 cup beef broth
- 3/4 3/4 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 2 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 6 6 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 2 2 tbsp. mustard or Dijon mustard
- 1 1 1 small onion, diced (optional)
- Salt and pepper
Adapted from thecookiewriter.com
Preheat oven to 350F.
Layer ribs in a single fashion in a shallow baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
In a small saucepan over medium-heat, add the broth, sugar, soy, garlic, mustard, and onion. Stir frequently so the sugar does not stick to the bottom. Bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes (making sure the sugar has dissolved.) Remove from heat and pour over ribs. Cover with aluminum foil and place into oven to 1 hour.
Remove foil and place back into oven for 15 minutes (uncovered.) Remove and flip the ribs. Cook again for 15 minutes. Repeat these two steps one more time, or until meat is cooked through (you can also broil the meat in the end to get a nice crust.)
Serve over rice (perfect way to use up that extra juice!)