frittata, lodge brunch
- 3 3 1 cups crustless 1 inch brioche cubes
- 10 10 10 eggs
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup half and half
- to salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 6 6 1/4" oz sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4" cubes
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup thinly sliced
- green onions, white and light green portions
- 3 3 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 8 8 oz mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 8 8 8 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1 1 red bell pepper, roasted, seeded and sliced
preheat oven to 350. place brioche cuses on baking sheet. toast in oven until lightly golden, about 15 minutes. let cool. in large bowl, whisk eggs, half and half, salt and pepper. gently fold in brioche, cheese and green onions. cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour.
in deep half of frittata pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tbsp olive oil. cook sausage, crumbling with spatula, until well browned, 8-10 minutes. transfer to a bowl. warm 1 tbsp oil in pan. add mushrooms, cook, stirring occasionally until browned, 8-10 minutes. transfer to the bowl with sausage. reduce heat to medium; warm 1 tbsp oil; add yellow onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until caramelized, 10-15 minutes. add bell pepper, sausage and mushrooms to pan. cook 1 minute
in shallow half of pan over medium heat, warm 1 tsp oil. pour egg mixture into deep pan; stir to evenly distribute sausage and vegetables. place shallow pan upside down on top of deep pan; cook until center is beginning to set, 4-6 minutes. uncover pan; run spatula around edge of frittata. recover with shallow pan; flip frittata into shallow pan. cook, covered, 4-5 minutes. slide frittata onto cutting board , let rest 5 minutes, cut into slices.