- 1lbs.1 lbs. Lean Ground Chuck
- 1large1 large Onion – diced
- 2t2 t garlic - minced
- 1pkg.1 pkg. Brooks Original Chili Seasoning Mix
- 1t1 t Garlic powder or to taste
- 1/2t1/2 t Cumin ground or to taste
- 1/2t1/2 t Chili powder or to taste
- 1/4t1/4 t Celery seed
- 1 1/2t1 1/2 t Salt
- 1can1 can Brooks diced Tomatoes with onion
- 2small cans2 small cans of chipped green chili peppers
- 1can1 can Brooks Hot & Spicy Chili beans
- 1can1 can Bushes light red kidney beans
- 30oz.30 oz. V8 Picante juicebean can
- 1can1 can water to rinse other cans
Brown hamburger, onion and garlic. Don’t drain.
Remove from heat and add chili-seasoning mix, and remaining spices.
Stir well to coat hamburger mixture.
Add remaining ingredients in order listed and stir to mix well.
Fill smallest bean can with water pour back and forth into other cans until each can is rinsed well, add to chilli mixture.
Bring to soft boil, reduce heat, cover.
Let simmer for 1 - 4 hours, stirring occasionally. add additional water as needed during cooking pprocess.
Serve ovet cooked rice if desired.
Freezes well in zip lock freezer bags, with air removed.
When frozen, cut open bag. place in sauce pan that will allow frozen chilli to lay flat. add water, cover and simmer on low heat, until chili can be stirred.